Timber is a superb material. Light, yet strong. Infinitely versatile and with a natural warmth and beauty, it is still our most valuable construction material.
All the timbers used by Wyckham Blackwell are from managed forestry facilities, where replantation programmes ensure replenishment of new trees long before harvested timber has reached the end of its life cycle.
Add to this effective preservative treatment, which significantly extends its service life and timber becomes the natural choice.
Wyckham Blackwell Environmental Policy
6th January 2020
Wyckham Blackwell is committed to protecting the environment from depletion and degradation. As a company based on manufacturing with timber, we recognise the issues of sustainability and embrace them.
To continually improve our environmental performance we will:
- Operate a FSC® chain of custody scheme, monitored to ensure that timber used is certified as sustainable. (Certificate No CU-COC-851566) (Licence No FSC-C134743) FSC® certified products are available on request.
- Operate a PEFC chain of custody scheme, monitored to ensure that timber used is certified as sustainable. (Certification No CATG-PEFC-506)
- Work with suppliers where possible to ensure that they are certified and have a positive attitude to the environment.
- Minimise customer waste by optimizing deliveries and reducing packaging.
- Minimise our waste by recycling timber off-cuts and reducing to zero, as a goal, waste to infill.
- Produce heat on site through utilizing a proportion of our own wood waste.
- Continually improve our working practices to reduce impact through noise on our neighbours.
- Develop new products which reduce the impact of construction on site.
- Work with our waste management contractors to keep up to date with all legislation and procedures.